New Generation Scalable Optical Extender
*Available in Q4 2017*
- 4K UHD @ 60Hz 4:4:4 Scaler
- Multistreaming technology (more video transmission on a single link)
- Video over IP OR Point-to-Point operation modes
- Advanced EDID Management
- 10 Gbps on one (or two) fibers OR 20 Gbps on two (or four) fibers
- Configurable video compression
- USB HID (KVM) and optional USB 2.0 extension
- One Gbps Ethernet port
- Balanced stereo audio connectors
- Optional control speed connectors (RS-232, IR)
*specifications and features are subject to change
Lightware’s latest engineering concept is the UBEX optical scaling extender, which is now being developed into a commercial product to be released to the market very soon.
The design features a new, optical configuration, which allows 4K UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 uncompressed signal extension with latency-free multistreaming. If it is necessary the video compression level of the signal can be freely set by the user. Using visually lossless compression, UBEX is able to extend two UHD signals over a single 10 Gbps Ethernet port. This results in a massive cost saving on the required Ethernet switch side, as with UBEX only ¼ router size is required compared to the needs of other 10 Gbps IP based architectures.
The device is designed to use Video-over-IP transmission with standard 10 Gbps SFP+ optical modules installed, which are easily exchangeable by the user.
One of the prime advantages of this new architecture is scalability. The maximum reachable distance can be adjusted to vary between 400 m and 100 km, depending on the type of optical modules installed in the device and the signal properties. UBEX has a bandwidth of up to 20 Gbps as the user’s application requires, the number of fibers required for the transfer depends on the link speed and the optical modules used: for 10 Gbps one or two fibers, for 20 Gbps two or four fibers are needed. Transceiver operation mode is also available.
UBEX can work both in a complex network with the use of a standard Ethernet switch, and it can also work in a point-to-point setup, as a traditional optical extender pair. The extender also features audio, Gigabit Ethernet connections per link, and optionally full speed USB 2.0, USB HID, RS-232 and IR connectors.
- Large office building environments
- Yacht and other high-end residential systems
- Rental and StagingDigital signage – daisy chain operation
- Strictly unidirectional data diode mode operation for secure systems
Please see the downloadable product brief for more details.
| product brief